Sunday, April 03, 2011

For My Pinkeep Collection

Bet you didn't expect to see me back again so soon...lol!



This is a little angel I stitched a couple of years ago for my Mum, and have been wanting to stitch it again for myself.  I've used Orchid Belle Soie Silk, 1 over 2 on 48ct cream Gander Linen, so she's turned out a lot smaller this time.  I'd thought of a few different ways I would like to finish her, but eventually decided on a quick pinkeep for my pinkeep collection.  I attached the pretty ivory ribbon down the side, with tiny pearls that I found while rummaging through my stash!  The pink ribbon trim is some gorgeous taffeta ribbon which I've recently started collecting from Stampin' Up.  It won't be long now before I have all the colours they do in the ⅛" width.

When I last stitched this angel I thought it was a freebie, but I'm not so sure it is now, as I know it can also be found in the book Rouge published by Marabout. If anyone out there has any other information about this little angel I would love to know.

Thanks for visiting again, I love to read your comments.  :o)


post signature

32 comments:

María said...

¡¡Precioso!!

Terri said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous pinkeep! I love it! Great work!

valerie said...

Beautiful finish! So elegant.

Erna said...

What a beautiful finish Carol, I love the colours..
Erna xx

Theresa said...

Beautiful finish!!!!! Love the pink~~

Gillie said...

Keep posting, I love your blog! Wish you lived nearer so you could show me how to do such gorgeous pieces.

gracie said...

So beautiful...i may have to find this pattern!

Lee said...

Love it in the lovely shade of pink. after you posted that design the first time I just had to stitch it.

Karen said...

How pretty... your finising always suits the stitching perfectly!

Carol R said...

Very very beautiful Carol!

marylin said...

oh very beautiful !

marylin

Dovilė said...

perfect and so lovely work:)

Carole Z. said...

Carol,

Your stitching is absolutely beautiful! You are so
talented. I'm glad you've blogged so soon after your last presentation. Thank you for sharing your lovely
stitchings.

CaroleZ

Julie said...

This one is so delicate and pretty Carol, the ribbon is gorgeous

Cristina said...

I really don't like very much angels.. but your work is lovely!
:)

Blu said...

What a cute design. And your finishing is just lovely! All that white and pink. So cute!

Christine S said...

This is so beautiful! Lovely stitching and finishing!

Sally said...

Your pin keep is beautiful Carol. So delicate. I love the trim.

Unknown said...

fantastic...very beautiful!
Pat

Gráinne said...

Exquisite!

Anonymous said...

Exquiste!

Rachel said...

It's so delicate looking! What a lovely finish ;)

CalamityJr said...

That is the most beautiful pinkeep I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing!

Elisa said...

That is too pretty xx

paola said...

cannot leave without telling you how much i love your works they are simple but so elegant. Thank you for all the beauty i saw in your blog. paola (italy)

TeresaB said...

With finishes that lovely post away! Even if you don't have finishes that lovely I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your pictures so don't let anything stop you. I adore your little pink angel she's just so sweet. Congrats on the beautiful finish.

MARIA JOSE GONZALEZ said...

It is lovely. Thanks Mª José (majogonga)

ALISON said...

Hi Carol thought I recognised that little angel. I did the exact one and made it into a heart. At the moment I can't remember where I got the idea but as soon as I remember I will let you know. Yours looks lovely in pink , mine is white. Come and have a look I have photos on my post today. Ciao Alison Italy

Patty C. said...

Just Carol - Just Beautiful ;)

Solstitches said...

How very pretty. I love everything about this. It's just perfect.

Margaret

ann d du québec said...

ravissant.

graziella pattaro said...

tutto veramente perfetto e bello...complimenti

Blog Widget by LinkWithin