Saturday, February 23, 2008

Just a little late...

...for the reveal date which was yesterday but here it is, the little pillow I made for Februarys challenge on Jayne's forum. The design for this month was Valentine Heart, a complimentary design from Kristine (Dragonfly Stitches). For the fabric I chose 32ct Belfast cream with Six Strand Sweets Plum Parfait. The ribbon trim is another first for me which I've wanted to try for some time and thought it would be just perfect for this finish. I followed Judy Odell's Ribbon Gathering instructions which were included with a chart I have. I was very pleased with how it turned out.



I really wanted to use a pretty blue fabric for the backing but couldn't find anything suitable locally. I did find a couple of pieces online but I decided against buying anything as the chances were it would be the wrong shade of blue when it turned up so instead I played safe and backed it with the cream Belfast adding my initials and date.


Next months challenge will be one of three complimentary designs by Blue Ribbon Designs. I've wanted to do all three so don't really mind which one will be voted for in the poll, they are all lovely! :o)

post signature


23 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful, well done on the ribbon finish, it looks wonderful

Anita said...

Very pretty color and the finishing is just awesome.

Anonymous said...

Carol, your stitching and finishing are absolutely gorgeous (as always). I just love the floss colour and your blue ribbon finishing. :)

Elisa said...

As always your finish is amazing...I love the colours, all the blues compliment each other perfectly.

Stitcher said...

Gorgeous finish Carol, it's stunning.

Nic said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!

Sally said...

Beautiful finish Carol. How strange that we both decided on this type of finish!

Karan said...

Gorgeous piece Carol, such pretty colours.

Jennifer said...

The ruched ribbon looks really nice. I love the pretty, almost flowery texture it adds to the edges.

Claire said...

You have been tagged - come visit my blog!

Hugs
Claire

Janaina said...

Adorable piece! Would like to learn how to make such a darling finish...:o)

Mel in Dubai said...

It's gorgeous, Carol!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous piece! Your finishing is beautiful!

Susimac said...

Very pretty Carol.

Carolien said...

What a lovely pillow!

Greetings, Carolien

Anonymous said...

That looks lovely as always Carol!!

Moreen said...

Just love this heart and the ribbon looks lovely.

Yuko said...

What a beautiful heart you have created!!!
So neat and stunning stitching as well as the finishing!
Gather trimming is perfect for this heart!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress of blue ribbons!

Carol R said...

Very pretty. I love the gathered ribbon. Great colour too.

lena-lou said...

Another treat for the eyes and a great shaped heart, you do have a wonderful talent and your obvious perfectionist streak ;-) pays off time and time again :-))

Enjoy your weekend!

Teri said...

Carol, your finishing is exquisite! In fact, I've tagged/recognized you for the beautiful finishes and inspiration.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning finish. It's really adorable. Thank you for such beauty.
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous finish Carol. love the colour you've used too

Blog Widget by LinkWithin