Saturday, January 26, 2008

Eliza's Pyn Pillow

I can at last share a finish I've had for a couple of weeks, as today is the reveal day for the Monthly SAL Challenge on Jayne's forum. The challenge this month was to stitch Eliza's Pyn Pillow, a complimentary design from Ellen Chester (With My Needle), using our own choice of fabric, threads and finishing. I was really excited about this one as it's been on my 'to do' list forever! The chart for Eliza's Pyn Pillow can be found on the With My Needle website.

I chose to finish mine as a mattress pincushion using 32ct Belfast cream linen and substituting the listed silks for GAST Dungerees, Harvest Moon and Sable, for the letters, carnations vase and motifs and WDW Scuppermong for the stems. The date on the back was taken from Ellen Chester's Quaker Hornbook. I've also added the same little diamond motifs that are on the front of the pincushion to the back and again stitched the same motif around the edge of the pincushion.




The challenge was fun to do and all the ladies have done some wonderful finishes. I hope to be able to join the challenge again for next month. :o)

post signature


18 comments:

Sally said...

I love this CArol. You have finished it off so beautifully.

Julie said...

Love your colour choices on this one Carol, i really must make a mattress pin cushion one of these days

Karan said...

It's lovely Carol. So enjoyed seeing what everyone's has done with their piece. :0)

Anonymous said...

Its wonderful Carol! Love your colour choice :)

Becky K in OK said...

Saw your pyn pillow on the Freebie gallery. It is so pretty. You did a wonder stitch.

Stitchingranny said...

Beautiful Carol. I love these mattress pinkeeps but its way beyond my stitching abilities

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Carol, it looks even better irl :o)

Lelia said...

So very beautiful!!! Excellent choices.

Chelle said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for including your color changes. I'm making notes. :o)

Janaina said...

Do you have the measures for this or a tutorial? I want to try making one but I know the measuring is very very important otherwise it will not work out right...
Thank you!:o)

Susimac said...

Oh Carol its just lovely, I might pop down to Jaynes board and see what next months is.

Deb said...

I love how you stitched this, Carol, and how you finished it. Loved it so much I went and downloaded...again, I think! LOL It's just darling the way you made it! Hugs, Deb

Christine said...

It is lovely Carol, I must try one of those mattress finishes.

Mindi said...

Lovely job on the pincushion! I've been wanting to stitch this up for a while.

lena-lou said...

Another beautiful creation Carol!! Lovely colour choices (I must get some Dungarees ;-) and you finish looks faultless :-)) Makes you think spring is coming ;-)

Have a nice week and thanks for visiting my blog too

Claire said...

Stunning Carol - so fresh and crisp looking with those threads and fabric.

Great finish too!

Hugs
Claire

Rachel V said...

Carol, what gorgeous stitching and finishing! I have had my eye on this little pyn pillow also for a while. Your color choices are fantastic and the pins are just perfect.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin